Saturday, October 25, 2008

And then I saw the flashing lights...

So, on Friday I had a humbling day. I had went to pick up Evan from his pumpkin palace field trip and on the way home I was driving not too far from our neighborhood and I saw the back of the police car. Naturally, I stepped on the brakes assuming I was speeding (not that I am a speed demon or anything) BUT, it was too late. As I passed by he flipped on his lights and I got pulled over. Ahhh! So, as I am remembering everything that I have learned over the years (keeping my hands on the steering wheel and such) Evan jumps out of his seat and runs to the front of the car. Telling him to get back in his seat did not work! As the officer approaches the window Evan announces "Cool! It is a police officer!" The officer proceeds to ask for my information and as I am shaking and trying to get my info. I realize that my current insurance card is still hanging on the board at home. He also asks me if I know the speed limit here. Unfortunately, I don't but I am thinking it is 35mph. He informed me it is 25mph. Then asks "do you know how fast you were going?" Close to 40 I am guessing- Yes "38 to be exact." As I am looking for the info. and desperately trying to get my license that is stuck in my wallet Evan is being a chatter-box. He tells the officer about his big pumpkin and about his field trip and how he is going to tell dad about the police officer, etc.. Thankfully, the officer said "try to slow it down next time and let me go." THANK YOU EVAN!!! Phew... I was sweatin' it!
On another note... the mighty Tarantulas won their final game 4-2. What a great season! No losses just one tie. And a beautiful day today! I am so thankful we are getting a great Fall season. With no more soccer on Saturdays I think we will start Alex at Starfire for the Winter so he doesn't lose his skills or any endurance.

No comments: